Friday, September 30, 2016

New Mayor takes poll position, but clueless about city's woes

BENGALURU: Bengaluru got a new mayor on Wednesday. However, the first citizen, Congress councillor G Padmavathi, seems to be clueless about what ails the city and the measures to tackle the civic woes.
Soon after being elected, a beaming Padmavathi spoke to mediapersons. To all questions, she had just one answer: “We will keep the 2018 Assembly elections in mind and work. I will continue the programmes started during my predecessor Manjunath Reddy’s tenure.” Applauding Reddy’s action in bringing financial discipline, Padmavathi said she would follow in his footsteps. When asked about her plan of action, she said, “Manjunath Reddy was keen on widening many roads to reduce traffic congestion. I will also take similar steps.”
Asked what Bengalureans can expect from her, she said, “I will do good works like Manjunath Reddy.”
When the relentless reporters asked her about what projects she plans to undertake, she said, “Many works announced during Manjunath Reddy’s tenure are in various stages. I will complete them during my term.”
If she was not talking about her predecessor and his programmes, she was harping on her other pet topic: the 2018 Assembly polls. “Our CM has chalked out many projects keeping 2018 elections in mind. I will try my level best to complete them.” Asked if she was an ‘election Mayor’, the new mayor stumped all by  saying she was pro-development. 

more to know click the below ling




Location: India

0 comments:

Post a Comment